Cannabis is a plant whose flowers (buds) and leaves are smoked. THC is the element that causes the high effects.
Cannabis is sold as Poulias or rolls, and is consumed in joints / bongs / bucket bongs or sometimes cooked. Hashish is the dried resin of cannabis and is generally stronger.
- Stimulates the appetite (“munchies”)
- Intensify perceptions
- Sense of well-being
- Causes giggling
- Dry mouth
- Red eyes
- Affects short-term memory
- Nausea / vomiting
- Bad Trip (negative thoughts/panic attacks, etc.)
ALL DRUGS ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, THE SAFEST PRECAUTION IS TO AVOID USING THEM. REMEMBER THAT USE/POSESSION OF ILLEGAL DRUGS CAN LEAD TO FINES AND/OR PRISON SENTENCES UNDER THE DANGEROUS DRUGS ACT
- Avoid using while alone, choose the company of people you know, and stay in a safe environment, especially if you are not used to the substance.
- Pay attention to the amount used, especially if you’re not used to it.
- Avoid using several times within a short time frame
- Avoid using too often to avoid developing tolerance, i.e. having to use more each time to achieve same effect).
- If you are using a bong, make sure that the bong and water are clean.
- If you mix cannabis with tobacco, you will also have the harmful effect of nicotine
- Breathing the smoke in deeply is more harmful to your lungs and throat while it does not increase the effect.
- Avoid driving
- Avoid using if you already suffer from mental disorders, depression or anxiety or heart disease.
- Stay with people you trust if you do not want to have sexual intercourse that you might regret. In the case of sexual intercourse, think of condoms and lubricant gel.
If you feel dizzy, lie down and lift your legs up. Eat something sweet (eg a candy) and drink water. Avoid putting down your legs and getting up too quickly.
If you know someone who is having a Bad Trip, it is important that you stay calm. Then try to calm them down. Try to find a quiet and relaxing place for them and remind them that they are under the effects of Cannabis which will wear off eventually. It is important to never leave him/her alone during the bad trip.
The purpose of this link is to inform and reduce the harms related to drug use. CUT is an organization working in the field of Harm Reduction related to drug use, does not intend in any way to encourage the use of drugs.