Achievements in 2013
- CUT is selected to Chair the Harm Reduction Committee, under the National Aids Secretariat (NAS), which works under the aegis of the Prime Minister’s Office.
- CUT attends a meeting on drug policy provided by the International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC) and participates in the reformulation of the vision, mission, and strategy of IDPC.
- CUT takes part in the 56th session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs in Vienna as part of the of civil society delegation.
- CUT attends a meeting for the creation of a regional West African Harm Reduction network with the aim of strengthening cooperation between various Harm Reduction actors at the regional level.
- CUT participates in the International Conference on Harm Reduction in Vilnius, Lithuania, an event bringing together different global Harm Reduction actors such as researchers, doctors, politicians, People Who Use Drugs, etc.
- CUT participates in the international Support Don’t Punish campaign to ask for better drug policies and health services for people who use drugs. The campaign is organised in 26 countries including Mauritius.
- CUT organises a series of meetings and trainings on drug policy with different members of the legal profession, and other decision makers, as well as civil society, in collaboration with IDPC. The objective is to look at the impact of some of our inappropriate Drug Policies and some alternative models that are working in other countries.